Chute is a web development and proxy utility. It is designed for developers and therefore requires professional knowledge to use.
- High Performance, Stability, and Efficiency: Chute can smoothly handle all network traffic with industrial-grade stability using minimum system resources.
- Flexible Rule System: You can write forwarding rules based on domain name, IP CIDR, GeoIP, etc. Chute can automatically proxy requests to other servers using HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5/SOCKS5-TLS/Shadowosocks/Trojan/VMess protocols.
- HTTPS Decryption: HTTPS traffic can be decrypted by man-in-the-middle attack. Certificate generator will help you generate CA certificate trusted by your operating system for debugging purposes.
- Local DNS Mapping: Chute supports local-customized DNS mapping. Its multiple functional modules, including wildcard, alias and custom DNS server, will be able to satisfy various needs.
- Proxy Group: You may categorize several proxies as a group and a policy will be employed in accordance with the grouping. Proxy group can be configured as Auto Speed Test (select policy based on benchmarking URL access speed), SSID (select policy based on WiFi SSID), and manual-select.
- HTTP Rewrite: You can rewrite HTTP/HTTPS requests to another URL using customized rules, or simply block the requests;
- Remote Dashboard: Chute Dashboard may connect to remote Chute iOS or Chute Mac instances via USB or network.
- Full IPv6 Support: All functions work in IPv6 environment.
- UDP Relay: Chute Mac (Enhanced mode) and Chute iOS could send your UDP packet with proxy, you can improve your game experience with SOCKS5/SOCKS5-TLS/Shadowosocks/Trojan proxies.
Chute Mac Exclusive Features
- Enhanced Mode: Chute can setup a virtual network interface to handle all network traffic for applications that do not explicitly support web proxy.
- Metered Network Mode: You can control which applications/processes are allowed to access Internet, useful when on metered connections (e.g. cellular networks).
- Gateway Mode: Chute Mac can be configured as layer 3 gateway to handle network traffic for other devices in the same network.
Chute iOS Exclusive Features
- All functions work on cellular network.
- Capture all HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP traffic from any apps on your device, and redirect to HTTP/HTTPS/SOCKS5/SOCKS5-TLS/Shadowosocks/Trojan/VMess proxy servers following highly configurable rules, even if the app does not follow system proxy settings.
- Override system DNS settings even on cellular network, and boost performance by querying all DNS servers simultaneously.
- Monitor and analyze network requests on iOS devices by connecting Chute Dashboard to Chute iOS via Wi-Fi or USB cables. You can even examine cellular network requests when connecting via USB cables.